As sole author:
As editor and art director:
As sole author:
- Seahorses, a novel, May 1997 (Flamingo/HarperCollins)
- Too Fast To Live, a novel, May 2000 (Duckworth)
- Venetian Masters: Under the Skin of the City of Love, literary travel memoir, February 2008 (Summersdale)
- Beyond the Wall: Writing A Path Through Palestine, reportage, May 2012, (Seagull Books/Chicago University Press). For more details click here.
- The Age of Anxiety, essays, ed. Sarah Dunant and Roy Porter, October 1996 (Virago). Other contributors include Susie Orbach, Linda Grant, Mary Midgely and Michael Ignatieff.
- Typical Girls, fiction anthology, ed. Susan Corrigan, 1997 (Sceptre). Other contributors include Tracey Emin, Kristin Hersh, Emily Perkins and Guinevere Turner.
- Wild Ways, fiction anthology, ed. Margo Daly and Jill Dawson, 1998 (Sceptre). Other contributors include Joanna Briscoe, Louise Doughty and Ali Smith.
- Wild Girls, fiction anthology, 1998, combines shorts from Typical Girls and Wild Ways, above, as well as a collection called Disco Biscuits, about club culture (Sceptre).
- 25x4, essay anthology celebrating 25 years of Channel Four, ed. Edward Behrens, 2008 (Channel 4 - available here). Other contributors include Melvyn Bragg, Karen Armstrong, Richard Dawkins, Jon Snow and Nick Broomfield.
- Women of the Revolution: Forty Years of Feminism, ed. Kira Cochrane, 2010 (Guardian Books/ Random House) Anthology of feminist writing from the Guardian, 1970-2010. Other contributors include Andrea Dworkin, Natasha Walter, Ariel Levy, Germaine Greer, Linda Grant, Beatrix Campbell, Hannah Pool and countless other great women.
- Venice City Picks, ed. Heather Reyes, 2010 (Oxygen Books, available here). Anthology of literary writing about Venice. Other featured writers include Donna Leon, Michelle Lovric, Henry James and Patricia Highsmith.
- Too Asian, Not Asian Enough, ed. Kavita Bhanot, October 2011 (Tindal Street Press). Anthology of original short fiction by British Asian writers. Other writers include Anjali Joseph. For more details read my announcement here.
- The Arvon Book of Literary Non Fiction, ed. Sally Cline and Midge Gillies, 2012 (Bloomsbury). Anthology of pieces of and about non-fiction. Other writers include Dava Sobel, Colin Thubron, Lisa Appignanesi, Susie Orbach and many others. Details here.
- Fifty Shades of Feminism, ed. Rachel Holmes, Susie Orbach and Lisa Appignanesi, 2013 (Virago). Anthology of newly commissioned pieces about women's emancipation. Other writers include Susie Orbach, Shami Chakrabarti, Kate Mosse and many others.
- Edgeways, ed. Courttia Newland, 2013 (Flight Press). Anthology of new fiction. Other writers include Toby Litt and Tania Hershman. Details here.
- The Stealth Corporation (cover image below), 2000, a luxury art publication featuring fiction, journalism, art, photography and graphic design from, amongst others, Zoe Mendelson, Stephanie Theobald, Francesca Gavin, Shez Dawood, Scarlett Thomas, Carolin Kurz and Gavin Fernandes.
|The Stealth Corporation cover |
image, by Gavin Fernandes